There are so many amazing reasons to consume bone broth on a regular basis.
Some benefits include:
-Boosts the immune system
-Helps heal bones and other connective tissues
-Heals digestive issues
-Great for joint health
-Amazing mineral profile
Take a look at this article for more on the benefits of bone broth and a more detailed recipe.
If you want a simple recipe with all the benefits, then the recipe
below is for you!
- Place one large whole chicken in a crock pot and cover with filtered water.
- Add two tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar like this one (this helps pull minerals out of the bones).
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste. (I like to use Himalayan sea salt
- optional: You can add celery stalks, carrots, garlic, onions, parsley, cilantro, etc
- Bring to a low boil, then simmer on low for 24 hours.
- Remove the chicken, strip the meat and use in a recipe.
- Strain the broth through a metal strainer into mason jars. Leave 1” at the top for expansion.
- Drink it, cook with it, make soup with it.
- Save the bones and freeze. Add to next batch of broth.